Thursday, February 2, 2012

Think about what you've done!

I miss something every day. Yesterday, I missed walking to class at KSU, the most beautiful campus in the world. The day before that, I missed getting sent to my room by my parents when I was naughty and lippy. Now I have to send myself, and that's way less effective. Who's going to save me from myself?

There are some things that I miss that I will never get back and some things that aren't gone, but aren't the same as they used to be (ahem, my thighs). But what I really want you to know is that some things I think I miss, I don't actually miss*. Just like you never know a good thing until it's gone, sometimes you don't know a bad thing until it's gone. Sometimes, we miss the idea of what we thought we had, which could be a person or a shirt or a job or a pet*, but really we're better of because of the loss.

Good riddance and thankyouverymuch.

The other night, I sent myself to my room because, bless my heart, I was just too tired to be nice and mature. I climbed into bed, covered myself up, and asked myself what was going on... I'm going to end this scene where I talk to myself now, but basically what I told myself is that I struggle with spreading myself too thinly, trying to do too much, and explaining myself all of the time*.

I've also been reassessing what I do and have found that a lot of what I spend my time on doesn't have any meaning or doesn't mean anything to me. I'm working on changing that, letting go of some things that are already gone and nurturing the things that are really important.

*I have not ever missed my parakeets.
*Honest! I only struggle with three things.
*If You're wondering how many times I used miss/missed in this post, it's seven. You're welcome.
*I'm so vague, you probably think this post is about you. It's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment