I don't want to put too much thought into this post. I'm tired... I just turned down popcorn, for crap's sake. But I still want you all to know what happened to me today, on this, my first day back at work in the suchandsuch year of our Lord.
6. I got texts from some of the nicest friends in the world, wishing me a great first day.
1. I arrived forty minutes early because I was afraid of the traffic on the beltway. I'm still afraid. The east coast is just trying to fool me.
2. I mentioned Kansas only three times, and it was not obnoxious. It was cool, like, "So, Kansas... How about that?"
3. I said "Yeah, OK," like ten thousand times, but only understood a tiny amount of what was tossed at me.
4. I ate a can of tuna in my car on my lunch break. And read the last book of the Twilight series. I'm not sure which of those things is worse.
5. I had some free time, so I donated blood.
Yeah, today was a day to donate, so I climbed onto an American Red Cross bus, I kid you not, and donated blood on a weird bussy bed with the ceiling a foot from my face. The bus was old too, which seems safe and sanitary.
|This is not what my bus looked like, but it is a bus.|
7. My husband was even happier than I was to know that people were nice to me.
8. I'm in a cubicle. I don't hate it.
9. There was no traffic on my way home from work! I'm still not buying it.
10. Eventually, I'll get paid.
So, there you go. I'll try and keep you posted as the week progresses and things develop. It's weird to go into a place, knowing it might be temporary.